Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where shall we begin??

I am creating this blog so that other moms like myself can share ideas on how to be greener while raising our kids. I also wanted a place where I could share the research that I'm doing as I sift through what's widely available to find quality, non-toxic toys and necessities for my little one. I am a first-time mom and my daughter is 7 months old and having a child has made me even more passionate about clean living. I have been passionate about eating organic foods and buying organic household products for the last 8 or 9 years. My then-boyfriend-now-husband and I decided that we would sacrifice other things so that we would have clean food and our household would be as chemical free as we could possibly make it. We lived in Berkeley at the time and we would walk to Monterey Market or go to Whole Foods and just love all the beautiful, organic foods and wares there. Fast forward to my pregnancy last year--I became very aware of how everything I was putting in my body was affecting my little one as she grew in my belly. I began eating organic-only and started eating almost exclusively whole foods and not packaged or preserved items. I found many delicious alternatives. I also found great cleansers for the body and home that were effective and good for the environment. However, my first big hurdle as a new mom was finding organic clothing and blankets for my new baby.

No comments: